¶VirtualDub 1.6.16 released
This minor bugfix release is long overdue (~3 months since last release), but fixes several bugs and a couple of regressions in 1.6.15. Enjoy.
There is a feature release in the works (1.7.0), but I do not have an ETA for its release. I can say that there will be one change in system requirements: 1.7.0 will definitely require at least Windows 98. This is partly being driven by the increased system requirements of the Visual Studio 2005 C runtime library, but also because I have a desire to use UI components and system calls that require at least Windows 98, and the number of systems that are running Windows 95 or 95 OSR2 is fairly minimal at this point.
Build 24463 (1.6.16, stable): [August 12, 2006]
* Added AMD64 versions of the frameserver and AVIFile frameclient.
* Added .divx to file filter for video open dialog (although AVI files
should be tagged .avi, dammit).
* Fixed decoding errors when reading JPEGs with junk at the end of the file.
* Improved support for working with video codecs that are configured to only
output YUV formats.
* Added more checks to script parameters for "resize" video filter.
* Fixed gradient bugs in "smoother" video filter.
* Added "png" file extension to logo filter open dialog; it has been
supported for a while, but you had to manually override the file filter.
* Fixed truncation in audio displacement setting that prevented it from
working beyond ~35min.
* Capture: Fixed crash when attempting to capture with both striping and
segmentation (not supported).
* Capture: Audio playback sometimes didn't work.
* Capture: Fixed noise issue in resampler.
* Improved accuracy of "box blur" filter.