¶VirtualDub 1.7.8 released
1.7.8 is out -- fetch!
Not really anything new, just a bunch of bug fixes. Most of them are for bugs and crashes in the capture module, but there are a couple that hit the editing module as well.
Those of you who frequent the forums know that I've been putting a lot of changes into another release, which was labeled as 1.7.X in test builds. That build is also nearly completed and is going to become the new 1.8.0 experimental build after it passes final checks to make sure it has an acceptably low level of stupid bugs. Unlike the jump from 1.6.x to 1.7.x, there will be no jump in minimum system requirements for 1.8.x; pretty much the only time that happens is when I'm forced to do so, and I'm not switching to VS2008 this time.
Changelist after the jump.
Build 28346 (1.7.8, stable): [February 12, 2008]
* Capture: Fixed crash when starting capture from command line with filters
and preview acceleration enabled.
* Capture: Fixed issues with custom DirectShow filters not reconnecting.
* Capture: Added workaround for audio source switching to "no audio" in UI
due to DirectShow crossbar goofiness.
* Capture: Changing the audio source manually now asks to turn off auto-
* Capture: Audio source now saves properly when set to "no audio."
* Fixed crash when previewing beyond end of selection with IVTC enabled.
* Added workaround for XviD decompression crashes.[regressions fixed]
* Filters receive distinct source frame numbers for null frames again.